Economic Inclusion: Entrepreneurial Progress through Meaningful Participation
The morning plenary and workshops will provide students, faculty, community members, and small businesses with valuable information related to starting a business, banking, financial management, and small business access. Concurrent sessions will be hosted in the Talon Center on Coppin State University's Campus.
Featuring Keynote Speakers:
Stephen Auvil, Senior VP for technology transfer and commercialization. Stephen Auvil is responsible for overseeing Maryland Technology Development Corporation funding programs and fostering the transfer of technologies from universities and federal laboratories into the commercial sector.
Johnny C. Taylor, Jr. President & CEO of the Thurgood Marshall College Fund. Named one of the "Power 100" by Ebony Magazine, Mr. Taylor leads an organization responsible for providing this country a robust and diverse pipeline of talented workers and future leaders.
... and Panelists:
- Donald Thoms, Vice President of General Audience Programming at PBS (Retired)
- Lazetta Braxton, MBA CFP, President of Financial Fountains Inc.
- M. Scott Lilly, President of the Opportunity Funding Corporation (OFC) and Vice President of Programs for Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF)
- Pat Mikos, Program Manager, CTE Student and Assessment Services Branch Division of Career and College Readiness Maryland State Department of Education Maryland State Department of Education
- Jimmy Rhee, Special Secretary MD Governor's Office of Minority Affairs
- Justin Tanner, MBDA Associate Director of the Office of Legislative, Education and Intragovernmental Affairs
- Brian A. M. Williams, Founder and CEO, PurchaseBlack.com
- Elgin Klugh, PhD. Associate Professor, Department of Criminal Justice & Applied Social and Political Sciences, College of Behavioral and Social Science